Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Year's Resolution?


For those of you new here, just click, read, and enjoy the music.  ;) 

Yeah yeah!  "It's February," I get it!  So what?  There's still time to notice room for self-improvement, and therefore decide to make actions to improve upon it...  Right?

I mean, I'm not thinking anything DRASTIC here... well, maybe.  For this, I'll need input from the blogosphere.  I'm thinking about trying to write more.  I understand, it's been forever, what with starting a new job and getting caught up in it, trying to retain what little social life I still have, and also salvaging my completely and utterly screwed up love life - I mean naturally I put writing on the back-burner.   

Well, "Never again," I say!  I shall focus on ME, this year - getting in shape, finding a career I can fall in love with, and doing more of the things I love.  Like music, and teaching, and writing!  I've already committed myself to a couple of projects (honestly, why I stack my plate so high, I haven't the slightest clue).  Hopefully, I'll get this done within the deadlines set upon me, but I'm not gonna sacrifice quality and style over timeliness.  Don't get me wrong, I do realize that I want to actually COMPLETE a damn project one of these days.

I guess I can attribute my sudden urge to write to a friend of mine who decided this same resolution only two days ago and has already entered three items into her blog that have taken me along with her on her emotional journey of self-discovery.  She honestly is one of the more awesome people I know, and that's a great thing because there a few truly awesome people in this world.  

It just comes to show you, that you never know who you might be inspiring right now, so always put your best foot forward.  




2 comments: