Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Defend yourself from religious zealots... by practicing religion.

Time for a change of pace.  Here's something pretty groovy.

Judging by the heavy-seated support for Kim Davis, it is clear that the disturbing new trend of religion-based discrimination is receiving favor among many Americans.  It may soon be okay to be denied service based on your religious beliefs or lack thereof.  My suggestion to my 2 or 3 followers is simply this:  use it against them.  

I'm not saying it's okay for you to be a jerk to anyone, but merely state that their religious discrimination is impeding on your religious liberty.  If you aren't religious, then just make one up!  According to the IRS, it's super easy, and I'm sure by now you've seen John Oliver show you how it's done.  If not, enjoy this video. 


Personally, I will name my church "The Church of Holy Toledo Ohio (no comma needed)," because "Holy Guacamole" was already taken.  Anybody is welcome to join me on Sunday afternoons, where we will have fellowship in the TV room (while football is on).  Our mantra will be simple:  "Don't be a jerk."  Therefore if anyone is a jerk to you, you can say they are impeding on your religious principles.  



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I had already kind of thought of this... in that I belong to the Path of Intellectualism. I'm sorry that serving ignorance is in direct conflict with my deeply held religious beliefs and therefore I cannot provide you with any services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't call the 800 number for John Oliver's church, you have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete